1. What was the first album you bought?
- ‘What’s Going On – Marvin Gaye’
2. What was the first job/worst job?
- ‘First was at a McDonald’s in Hendon. My worst was a gig I did at an Armenian party, it was really weird, they’d booked completely the wrong person as they didn’t like or want any of my stuff, and they ended up plugging in their own Walkman to listen to!’
3. If you could meet any musician/singer from the past, who would it be and why?
-’I would have to say, Bernard Edwards, because he was the first person musically that i admired. He got me into funk/disco type dance music.’
5. What’s the most played song on your music player?
- ‘Most likely Al Green, any song from the Best Of.’
6. What is your favourite quote, saying or lyric?
- ‘ “Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law” – Hubert H Humphrey’
7. Have you been or do you ever get mistaken for a celebrity?
- ‘Well i was a minor celeb back in the day! Had my own TV Programme didn’t I! And believe it or not… a couple of years ago I swear on my life, a cab driver i flagged down thought I was George Clooney! It was at night admittedly, but still, I’ll take that!’
8. Who’s musical career do you envy and why?
- ‘Geoff Travis – he is the founder of Rough Trade records the label, and the Rough Trade chain of record shops.’
9. What was the last album you purchased and what was the format of the album?
- ‘Paloma Faith – Fall To Grace on CD’
10. Who do you think is overrated and why?
- ‘This space is not long enough…. !! Err, I think.. Justin Beiber, obviously there’s an element of talent, but it’s a showmanship, it’s become so big but from nothing. And probably One Direction.. ‘
11. What is your favourite use of music in a film or film scene?
- ‘Music in adverts is always really good, like Space Man, Ben E King.. all of those.’
12. Which musical platform and/or website do you currently listen to the most and why?
- ‘Drowned In Sound – Discover new music, keep up to date with research and stuff’
13. What was the last or most memorable TV Show/Film/Book that made you cry?
- ‘The Impossible. People had warned me it was sad, so I’d kind of prepared myself, but it still got me going.’
14. If you could learn to be good at anything what would it be?
- ‘Just a general musician.’
15. What is the future of the music industry in 3 words?
- ‘Choice. Creativity. Love.’